Everytown Volunteer Agreement
This Volunteer Agreement applies to volunteers for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and Students Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, all part of Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund (“Everytown for Gun Safety”). The terms also apply when volunteers are working in partnership with the Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund (“the Everytown Support Fund”), including through the Everytown Survivors Network (Everytown for Gun Safety and Everytown Support Fund, together the “Organization”). Please read the Volunteer Agreement below carefully, and initial after each bullet point to acknowledge that you understand these requirements and that you agree to abide by them.
The Organization understands:
- That you are a volunteer donating your time to a nonprofit organization and not an employee working for an employer.
- That you will control the dates and times of your volunteer work.
- That you will not receive salary, benefits, or insurance coverage in exchange for your service.
- That you are free to stop volunteering at any time for any reason.
- That the Organization may end the volunteer relationship at any time for any reason.
The Organization commits:
- To provide appropriate information, training and supervision to help you meet the responsibilities of your volunteer position.
- To be receptive to your comments regarding ways in which we might mutually accomplish our respective tasks, and improve the way we achieve our goals.
- To treat you as a partner with the Organization’s staff, jointly responsible for completion of our mission and goals.
- To provide you with resources that will help you be successful in your role.
By signing this agreement, volunteers commit to working in a professional manner and treating volunteers, partners and staff with respect.
- VOLUNTEERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE OR IN HIGH SCHOOL MUST HAVE A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN SIGNATURE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE. Only students over 14 years of age are eligible to participate in Students Demand Action. Please print, sign and send a copy of this PARENTAL CONSENT FORM to [email protected]
- All Volunteers under 18 years of age or in high school must also review the Students Demand Action Code of Conduct with their parents/legal guardians.
- If you hold a paid or volunteer position in another gun violence prevention organizations, please review and sign our Conflict of Interest Disclosure.
- Positions requiring background check include: Deputy State Leader, Local Group Data Team Lead, Local Group Leader, Local Group Membership Team Lead, Local Group Spokesperson, Local Students Liaison Leader, State Chapter Leader, State Data Team Lead, State Local Group Manager, State Membership Team Lead, State Students Liaison Leader, State Treasurer Lead, Survivor Fellow. If you are applying for one of these roles, please fill out our Volunteer Leader Background Check form.