NEW YORK – Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund today endorsed a second wave – 23 in total – of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America volunteer leaders and gun violence survivors running for office up and down the ballot.
Everytown previously endorsed 18 Moms Demand Action survivors and volunteers running for office, including gun violence survivor Lucy McBath, who is running in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District.
These endorsed candidates represent key gun violence prevention leaders and survivors of gun violence. Overall, more than fifty volunteers involved with Moms Demand Action are running for elected office across the country – from county clerk to U.S. Congress.
STATEMENT FROM JOHN FEINBLATT, PRESIDENT OF EVERYTOWN FOR GUN SAFETY:
“Everytown is proud to support Moms Demand Action and survivor candidates, who represent the next generation of gun safety leaders. They are eloquent advocates, inspiring organizers and fiercely determined to defy the NRA and pass common-sense gun safety laws.”
STATEMENT FROM SHANNON WATTS, FOUNDER OF MOMS DEMAND ACTION FOR GUN SENSE IN AMERICA:
“Moms Demand Action volunteers and gun violence survivors have spent years demanding lawmakers enact stronger gun safety policies. Instead of continuing to wait, they’re working to be the ones who will create and vote for laws that save lives. These volunteers-turned-candidates are committed to protecting their families and communities from gun violence, and will do what’s best for their constituents – not gun lobbyists.”
Everytown today endorsed:
- Victoria Steele, Arizona Senate District 9
- Jennifer Hope, Colorado, Regional Transportation Board, District N
- Brenda Krause, Colorado House District 15
- Jennifer Zimmerman, Florida U.S. House District 1
- Marisue Hilliard, Georgia Senate District 46
- Claire Celsi, Iowa Senate District 21
- Martha Emmons, Kentucky House District 3
- Heather Edelson, Minnesota House District 49A
- Jan Schmidt, New Hampshire House District Hillsborough 28
- Sue Newman, New Hampshire House District Hillsborough 29
- Linda Harriott-Gathright, New Hampshire House District Hillsborough 36
- Robin Skudlarek, New Hampshire House District Rockingham 5
- Michelle Sawyer-Moge, New Hampshire House District Rockingham 6
- Liz McConnell, New Hampshire House District Rockingham 11
- Kristee Watson, Nevada Assembly District 22
- Natasha Marcus, North Carolina Senate District 41
- Lorraine Wilburn, Ohio House District 48
- Aftab Pureval, Ohio U.S. House District 1
- Rachel Prusak, Oregon House District 37
- Shanna Danielson, Pennsylvania House District 92
- Helen Tai, Pennsylvania House District 178
- Sheryl Johnson, South Dakota House District 11
- David Cambron, Tennessee House District 99
Moms Demand Action has been successfully fighting the gun lobby’s agenda for more than five years. Since the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook School, Moms Demand Action volunteers have helped enact countless gun safety laws at the state level, including red flag laws and legislation disarming domestic abusers, and worked to defeat dangerous gun lobby priorities.
Moms Demand Action volunteers and survivors of gun violence know the toll of gun violence that kills 96 Americans every day and wounds hundreds more – and they are running for office to enact change and stand up to the gun lobby’s priorities.