Communications Operations Coordinator New York
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy group in the country, is seeking a passionate, dedicated professional to work as an Operations Coordinator in the Communications department. The Coordinator will support the day-to-day efforts on external communications work. Operations provides finance, legal, human resources, IT and other support to our rapidly growing organization. We’re looking for a flexible problem-solver with exceptional attention to detail to join us. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to pursue a career in operations, communications or accounting. Opportunities for growth include writing, project management and direct engagement with journalists.
We ask candidates to make a two-year commitment to the role.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
- Communications and document management – manage shared drive, take meeting notes, maintain and update press lists, manage news page on a website, provide communications (and other) research support.
- Scheduling and travel – help provide calendar support for team-wide and organization-wide events and meetings. Plan occasional travel for team members.
- Accounting and expenses – help track vendor contracts, expenses and invoices. Assist with time cards and other tracking.
- Media Monitoring – assist with twice-daily media monitoring reports, distributing press releases, tracking incoming media inquiries, as well as building and managing media lists for proactive outreach.
- Managing subscriptions and vendors – oversee subscriptions to media monitoring services.
To be successful in this job, you must have:
- An interest in communications
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a campaign-like environment and schedule
- Passion for providing excellent customer service to internal and external constituents
- A sense of humor and the ability to develop strong relationships across multiple teams
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done well, including occasional work on nights and weekends
- 1-3 years of professional experience, with documented success in operations, research, or as a paralegal or assistant
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization and in an open-plan office
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to rapidly shift between multiple projects and priorities
- Persistent and dogged in the face of obstacles
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Documents and Google Sheets
- Position is based in New York City (preferred) or Washington D.C.
** Please note: we verify information provided in the application process, including education.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Please attach a thoughtful cover letter and resume below. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach materials. Please label your materials with your first and last name. Thank you.
About Everytown for Gun Safety
Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than three million supporters and more than 125,000 donors including moms, mayors, survivors and everyday Americans who are fighting for public safety measures that respect the Second Amendment and help save lives. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and the Everytown Survivor Network. Learn more at www.everytown.org and follow us @Everytown
Equal Employment Opportunities
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply to this job