Finance Manager New York
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy group in the country, has an operations team of seven and is looking to add an eighth member. Our team provides finance, legal, human resources, IT and other support to our fast-paced, rapidly growing organization. We're looking for a flexible problem-solver with exceptional attention to detail to join us. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who is business-savvy, strategic and has financial management experience. The four main planks of the job are:
Contracts –Draft contracts, manage the contracting process, and communicate with other staff and outside vendors. Work with the CFO and Deputy Director on business terms as needed.
Insurance – work with departments and accounting team to ensure event insurance is secured
Grants administration – Draft grant agreements, monitor and disburse payments, manage reporting to Everytown from our grantees as well as reporting to Everytown's grantors. Work with the CFO and Deputy Director on business terms as needed.
Sponsorship administration – Draft and manage sponsorship agreements. Work with the CFO and Deputy Director on business terms as needed.
- Draft and oversee the preparation and revision of contracts.
- In some cases, negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Track authorizations and correspondence.
- Track payments and deadlines.
- Manage and administer the contract process.
- Analyze and mitigate risk.
- Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- Draft grant award letters.
- Manage disbursement of grants with the accounting team.
- Monitor grantee reports and compliance with grant conditions.
- Draft grant reports for our grantors.
- Passion for Everytown's mission
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years of related experience
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Highly organized and motivated self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects; ability to rapidly shift between multiple priorities – keeping a clear focus on what really matters
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible team player and effective communicator
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Sense of humor
- Ideally, experience managing contracts and establishing contract processes; working knowledge of contract concepts
- Bonus points if you've ever worked on a political campaign or a forward-thinking social enterprise (but not required)
Please note: we verify information provided in the application process, including education.
Please attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter below. Please label your materials with your full name. You can also you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach materials.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply to this job