National Digital Campaigns Director New York, NY
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country, is hiring a National Digital Campaigns Director (NDCD) to join the digital team in its New York City office to lead its online campaigns and fundraising initiatives. Reporting to the Digital Strategy Director, the NDCD will lead the charge to craft and win authentic organizing campaigns (federal, corporate, cultural); will translate an ambitious agenda into a compelling case for giving; and will continue to build and sustain an active, powerful grassroots base. The ideal candidate should be equally at ease pitching a new campaign to senior staff, drafting a rapid response grassroots email, or running an a/b test on a donation form.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set ambitious grassroots fundraising goals, develop campaigns and programs to meet or exceed them, and innovate new tactics and sources of income.
- Keep digital organizing and fundraising in-line with best practices through rigorous tracking, testing and analysis.
- Develop and maintain a cohesive organizational narrative, and ensure each organizing campaign aligns with it, plus a national email calendar to facilitate smart organizing campaign wins and fundraising initiatives wins.
- Develop, pitch and execute campaigns that achieve organizing, marketing or policy objectives. Consult and collaborate on effective digital strategy (email, web, social, sms) on national initiatives across field, communications, policy, and culture teams.
- Oversee and execute all national email campaigns and related processes, including writing, editing, design, segmentation, production, and webpages.
- Manage up to three digital staff, and coordinate with digital analytics, social, project management and graphic design staff.
- Minimum of four years of relevant digital work experience plus undergraduate education, or similar combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated thought leadership or creativity in digital organizing and fundraising.
- Exceptional and creative writer (always under deadline and on message).
- Talented at managing and cultivating staff.
- Teamwork is dream-work. People come to you to help solve problems and bounce ideas around.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment with unpredictable hours.
- At ease constructing and check-listing HTML emails, landing pages, and using mass mailer software (bonus if ActionKit).
** Please note: we verify information provided in the application process, including education.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled. Please attach a thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements and resume below. Thank you.
Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense policies that will reduce gun violence and save lives. Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than three million supporters and more than 125,000 donors. Our supporters include moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans who are fighting for reforms that respect the Second Amendment and protect people. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and the Everytown Survivor Network. Learn more at www.everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply to this job